Who is our customer
Hopper HQ client is a rapidly growing Instagram and social media scheduling tool. It’s trusted by 10 000 companies in 75 countries. They’ve been growing organically in the recent years but struggled to scale their growth with paid ads.
Trials (with credit card) from non-branded keywords in the US, UK, and Europe are very expensive (3x higher than we can get).
What we did
- Built a solid campaign structure and completely restructured old, non-effective Google ads campaigns.
- Did a major analysis and found the most converting areas, pages & keywords.
- Created campaigns targeting high intent & low competition keywords related to Instagram features.
- Found the best converting sweet spots through A/b testing keywords, landing pages and countries.
- Run a Facebook promotion with perfectly timed images targeting lookalike audiences by LTV.
Restructuring Google PPC campaigns to increase trials
First, we needed to completely rebuild the search campaign account, segmenting keywords, match types into detailed ad groups. Next, we focused on exact locations, localizing all the ad copy and search terms. Over the period of three months, we started to see a significant increase in trial checkout successes.
Focusing on high intent and lower competition keywords
We were in front of a major challenge – there is a tremendous competition for such standard keywords as “Social media schedule” etc. CPC’s are high, impression share is low. We decided to analyze all the past performance and found that some old keywords have lower costs and more conversions. We’ve found more similar high intent keywords, switched the landing pages. As a result, we started to see a decent amount of trials rolling in at at least 65% lower cost per acquisition.
Improving Facebook prospecting targeting and creatives
The biggest challenge for Facebook ads – checkout trials were super expensive before (around $200+ per one checkout success). So, how can we make it at least twice effective?
Let’s start with the most important – improve the targeting. We asked our client to upload a list of the best customers by LTV and created a lookalike audience. Then we changed the ad creatives to more engaging “Perfectly timed images”. What happened? Trial checkouts now cost 69.57% less.